Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Philippines by way of Texas: Poverty In the Philippines

Pope street kids ManilaPhilippines by way of Texas By Tim Potter: Poverty In the Philippines: One question I will sometimes ask is: The Philippines is slowly becoming a richer country but is still very poor. Why do you think that is? I have learned to as the first phrase to avoid any chance of making the person feel hiya or their  "Amor Propio"  has been compromised (more on this later). Without doubt the most common answer (in fact almost the only answer) I
Poverty Philippines
received was – corruption. I think that may contribute, but I think it's far from the most important reason. I spent a good bit of time talking to people and have come up with what I consider to be the five most important contributing factors.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment